As surveillance industry continues to transform from analog to digital, the technological need to update the way images are being captured and how they are being stored also increases to many folds. Earlier, people used to capture surveillance data on the VHS tapes and films, but now in this digital age it is being dropped more onto the disk.
Network Attached Storage (NAS) is one the categories for connecting storage to a surveillance system. An important thing which separates the NAS from other storage technologies such as SAN or DAS is that it supports file level access to the storage device from the connected servers and applications.
DNF Security Twin Scale-Out NAS can manage surveillance data from a range of sources for scalable, efficient storage solutions that address large amounts of video data.
This appliance is highly capable of offering unprecedented performance, redundancy and scalability. It is designed for customers requiring a powerful storage solution that can scale out storage capacity while scaling up performance. This is possible with the help of Mirrored twin scale out NAS nodes which are capable of scaling up to 36 drives and 144 terabytes of storage per node.
Now, for those who are interested in knowing more about the Twin Scale-Out (TSO) NAS of DNF Security, here are some highlights.
- TSO is also designed for markets that require vast quantities of high bandwidth throughput or fast parallel throughput for very large files required in high computing environments like media and entertainment.
- As the surveillance needs grow, DNF Security TSO can expand one or more volumes across multiple nodes using no metadata and a single namespace. Thus, usable bandwidth increases as new nodes are added. The highlight is that you can manage multiple nodes with just a single user interface.
- The other feature which needs to be highlighted is that this appliance allows its users to add server nodes on the fly as well as add CPU horsepower and storage capacity from additional TSO nodes.
- Its StoneFusion 7.0 advanced network operating system offers snapshot services with 2520 delta based snapshots per subsystem. With the presence of snapshot and replication features, optimization of data recovery with precise recovery time objective and recovery point objective can be gained.
- With the presence of dual active/active controller architecture and cache mirroring reliability factor increases to many folds, essential for business critical workloads.
- Eliminates redundant data and reduces capacity required for common enterprise file data by more than 50%.
- DNF security TSO can be used for active and archived content in a single, scalable appliance.
- Optimization of storage resources with policy driven automatic storage tiering to move older camera surveillance data to lower cost storage tiers is achievable to further reduce costs.
DNF Security Video Surveillance Solutions in integration with leading video management software vendors provide solutions related to video surveillance, security and data storage.
For more details click DNF Security Twin Scale-Out NAS or call 510.265.1122