Is the data on your laptop or movable media secure? If you answered “Yes!”, you may be buying into one or more of these myths:
1) Tapes are obsolete.
2) Protecting tapes and laptops is a job for technical people.
3) Losing a tape is primarily a security problem.
4) There are no technology solutions; it’s all about tight controls.
5) Encryption is a silver bullet.
6) If you protect your tapes and laptops, you can feel secure.
Read the full article from InfoWorld.
How do you go about safeguarding your movable media? What other myths have you heard about? Drop us a line.