StoneFly Inc., a pioneer in offering iSCSI storage, is now presenting a Z-series DR Backup appliance which is purpose built to act a single backup solution for your entire enterprise physical and virtual server and workstation needs. This total backup solution helps in managing all your enterprise backup operations for your datacenter or office through a single central management console.
StoneFly™ DR16Z and StoneFly DR24Z appliance nodes can be scaled up to 768 terabytes of backup and storage capacity for your business. So, if your enterprise storage needs grow in parallel to your business growth, StoneFly Z-series of DR backup appliances can come to your rescue, as every node on these appliances can accommodate any combination of SATA, SAS and SSD storage tiers as required, achieving the performance needed for your requirements.
And embedded hypervisor allows backup up virtual machines to be spun up directly on the Z-series appliance.
The other highlights of this appliance include:
- Backup all your virtual and physical machines with disk level snapshots including operating systems, applications and data.
- With the help of compression and deduplication the volume of backup data can be reduced by up 90% and maximum backup speeds can be achieved.
- StoneFly™ Z series of backup appliance facilitates the usage of backup operations of all your physical and virtual machines from a single centralized backup management console.
- This appliance has the ability to create sector-by-sector backups for an exact copy of your disk or volume including unused space.
- With the help of granular and file-level backing feature, specific files and folders or even network shares can be backed up.
- You can manually exclude non-essential files or folders from your backups.
- You can schedule backups on hourly, daily, weekly and on event based.
- You can balance all backups with bandwidth and disk-write speed throttling.
- For those who are more concerned about the security factor, StoneFly Z series of backup appliances posses SSL encrypted data transmissions over the network and 256-bit AES encryptions for backups.
- With the presence of change block tracking feature the volume of the backed up data can be reduced.
- In terms of data recovery, StoneFly™ Z series DR backup appliances offer the following privileges.
- Restoration of individual files, folders, volumes or an entire system from any point of time is possible with these appliances usage.
- Optional specialized backup agents for SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and Active directory provide reliable recovery of configurations, databases, or individual items such as an email message, table, document or domain controller. This feature is automatically included with VMware and Hyper-V Backup agent licenses.
- You can recover a file or system from any point in time using incremental or differential backups. Backup images can be mounted as local read-only or read-write volumes.
- With the presence of Bare Metal Recovery feature an entire system can be completely restored to the same hardware, or even to a brand new system with dissimilar hardware by injecting drivers to support the new hardware (Physical to Physical – P2P).
- In order to minimize downtime, fast bare-metal restore and active restore traits help to recover blocks pertinent to booting the system and applications.
- The other highlight is that Backups of Virtual Machines can even be restored to a completely different Hypervisor platform.
- Protect your data and increase system uptime with high performance hardware RAID.
- Your IT team can copy backup images to tapes or portable hard drives for an additional level of disaster recovery. Those tapes or external hard drives can then be transported off of the premises to be safely stored in offsite vaulting. If a catastrophe strikes, those offsite backups can then be used to restore your data on a new machine.
For more details call 510.265.1616 or click on StoneFly Z Series DR Backup Appliance.
Note: even if you are not based in United States, do not worry. StoneFly services and support is available in Europe, Asia and Australia as well as in Middle East.