Techtarget looks at a few of the challenges of “virtual datacenters”.
Firtst up: here’s why midsized companies are using virtualization
- 49% to improve business continuity and disaster recovery
- 46% to improve server managibility and flexibility
- 38% to cut hardware costs
The biggest glitches:
- virtual server sprawl
- virtual server management
- application performance monitoring
- change management
- tracking and noting virtual server configuration details
What is your organization dealing with? Do you have similar challenges? What sort of tools are you using to manage your virtual servers, and what would make life easier? Chime in with the comments.